Updated 23 Apr 2014
Rules & Regulations
1. Entry Deadline: Before 7 pm Friday 11 April 2014. No late entries will be accepted.
2. Venue: Singapore Chess Federation (51 Bishan Street 13, #02-01A SIGC (Bishan CC), Singapore 579799)
3. Format: Swiss System of 9 rounds OR Round-Robin if less than 12 players.
4. Time control: 90 minutes per player with 30 seconds increment after each move, starting from move one.
5. Zero-Start: FIDE Zero-Start Rule will not apply.
6. Laws: FIDE Laws of Chess apply. Games not finished after 5 hours of play shall be adjourned.
7. Eligibility: Singapore Citizen, Singapore Permanent Resident or FIDE Registration under SIN. The SCF has the right to accept or reject any entry without assigning any reason.
8. Qualification: The number of qualifiers depend on the number of entries:
More than 5 players – 3 to qualify; Between 4 to 5 players – 2 to qualify; Between 2 to 3 players – 1 to qualify.
9. Appeals Committee:
9.1. SCF shall appoint the 3 members of the Appeals Committee.
9.2. Any appeal towards an Arbiter's decision shall be made in writing latest 15 minutes after end of the respective round to the Chief Arbiter and accompanied with a deposit of $100 to SCF, which shall be refunded if the appeal is accepted, or forfeited if unsuccessful.
9.3. The decision of the Appeals Committee is final.
10. Schedule: Technical Meeting will be held on Saturday, 12 April 2014 at 7 pm.
|Date||Day||9 am to 2 pm||3 pm to 5 pm||6.30 pm to 11.30 pm|
|17 Apr||Thur||Round 1|
|18 Apr||Fri||Round 2||Adjourned Games||Round 3|
|19 Apr||Sat||Round 4||Adjourned Games||Round 5|
|20 Apr||Sun||Round 6||Adjourned Games||Round 7|
|21 Apr||Mon||Adjourned Games||Adjourned Games|
|22 Apr||Tue||Round 8|
|23 Apr||Wed||Adjourned Games||Adjourned Games|
|24 Apr||Thu||Adjourned Games||Round 9|
|25 Apr||Fri||Adjourned Games||Playoffs|
11. Ranking & Tie-Break: The top 3 players shall qualify for the National Dream Team. In case of a tie, a play-off shall decide.
12. Play-Off: Play-off tie-breaks:
12.1. 2-player play-off tie-break 1: two rapid games with alternating colours.
Time control: 25 minutes + 10 seconds increment after each move, starting from move one.
12.2. 2-player play-off tie-break 2: two blitz games with alternating colours.
Time control: 5 minutes per player + 2 seconds increment after each move, starting from move one.
12.3. 2-player play-off final tie-break 3: Sudden-Death of 1 game. White has with 6 minutes, Black with 5 minutes. White must win. Black wins if the game is drawn.
12.4. In case of a more than 2-player tie, the Chief Arbiter shall announce the play-off format which shall include Rapid, Blitz & Sudden-Death.
13. Entry Fee & Deposit Fee: The entry fee is $100. Deposit Fee of $5000 required for players who qualify for the National Dream Team.