updated 09 Sep 2014
The 55th National Inter-School Teams Chess Championships (Secondary & JC categories) Technical Meeting was held on 8 September 2014, from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. for officials from the Singapore Chess Federation and school representatives.
Download Minutes of Technical Meeting
Starting List, Pairings, Results
Open | Sec Open
Sec Open Under-14 | Sec Girls Open Under-14
updated 19 Aug 2014
Technical Meeting for Secondary & JC categories will be held with details as follow:
- Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014
- Venue: SIGC Conferenece Room (Level 2), 51 Bishan Street 13, #02-01A SIGC (Bishan CC), Singapore 579799
- Time: 7 pm to 9 pm
Attendance is compulsory.
- Teachers are kindly requested to brief their players on these regulations. Captains appointed by the school shall either be teachers or students. Parents may also be appointed, however they must be approved by organizers, SCF reserves the right to accept or reject such appointments. All teams shall abide by these rules and regulations and any matters not covered for, in these rules and regulations shall be at the discretion of the Organizers whose decision shall be final and no correspondences shall be entertained.
- Playing Venue: Ang Mo Kio Community Centre, 795 Ang Mo Kio Avenue 1, Singapore 569976
- Category: (Non-Rated Event)
|Thursday, 11 Sep 2014
||No age limit
||No age limit
||Secondary Boys Under-14
||Age as at 1st Jan 2014
||Secondary Girls Under-14
||Age as at 1st Jan 2014
a) Open and Secondary Open category shall be Open (Boys & Girls Combined) championships.
b) A younger player may play in a higher age-group category but not vice versa.
c) Mixed teams are allowed, but entered in the sections for Open/Boys.
d) The organizers reserve the right to combine sections with less than 6 teams; changes the time control or number of rounds depending on number of teams in each section.
e) A player can play in only one team.
f) Each school shall be allowed to register a maximum of 2 teams for each category.
- Schedule: CLOSING DATE: 7 pm Thursday, 4th September 2014
||All team captains to report by 08.15am
||8.15 am to 8.30 am
||8.30 am to 9.30 am
||10.00 am to 11.00 am
||11.30 am to 12.30 pm
|Lunch (Not provided)
||12.30 pm to 1.30 pm
||1.30 pm to 2.30 pm
||3.00 pm to 4.00 pm
||4.30 pm to 5.30 pm
||5.30 pm to 6.00 pm
- Ratings, Team Composition and Board Order
FIDE Rating List as on 1st August 2014 shall be the prevailing List. An un-rated player is considered as 1000. A team shall consist of 5 players (minimum 4 players per team) who shall be listed in a fixed order before the competition begins. There shall be no imposition of rating in board order for the championships. The 5th named player can only play on the last board of the team for each match. For each wrong placing in the team, a default of 1 point shall be awarded to the opposing team.
- The Championships shall be played under the FIDE Laws of Chess. Each player shall be given 25 minutes to complete a game. Each Match shall be contested over 4 boards (games). All teams are required to complete all rounds.
- All players must be in school attire or proper school sports attire, failing which they would not be allowed to play until they are appropriately attired.
- Teams from the same school MAY NOT play with each other in the last 2 rounds. The first named team in each pairing shall have White on the odd-numbered boards and Black on the even-numbered boards.
- All players must keep a proper record of their games, failing which shall have no right of claim in the case of a dispute.
- Upon the completion of a match, both Captains shall submit the duly signed Results Sheets to the Arbiter in charge. Where there is a walkover, this shall be indicated on the Result Sheet. All results on Results Sheets shall stand and cannot be changed once it is submitted to the Arbiter/s in charge of the section.
- The new FIDE ZERO START rule shall apply. A team conceding a walkover shall not be paired for the next round and the Arbiter must be consulted before the team can be reinstated for subsequent rounds.
- Scoring is marked by a 1 point for a won game, ½ for draw and 0 for a loss. The team receiving a BYE shall be awarded 2 Game Points. The team with the highest number of Game Points will be declared the winner. In the case of a tie, it shall be resolved by (a) Match Points; (b) sum of the Game Points of all the team's opponent; (c) result between the teams involved (d) team with lower or lowest rating based on best 4 players.
- Prizes (All Categories) shall be awarded to:
a. Top 3 teams in each category
b. Top 3 Girls Team in Open and Secondary Open
c. Additional Zonal prizes for Top 3 teams in North, South, East & West zone
A team can win more than 1 prize
(The Organizers reserve the right to increase the number of awards in the event of overwhelming entries received)
- A Challenge Cup shall be awarded to the Best School based on:
(a) Sum of game points of 2 best teams
(b) In the event of a tie, it shall be resolved by the sum of Match Point, Progresssive score, Solkoff
(c) Declared as Joint Winners
- Any dispute arising from a game shall be referred to the Section Arbiter or Chief Arbiter. An appeal to the Appeals Committee must be lodged in writing within 15 minutes of completion of the relevant playing session. The appeal must be accompanied by a deposit of $50 which will be forfeited if the appeal is rejected, or returned if the appeal is upheld. The ruling of the Appeals Committee shall be final. No appeals shall be accepted if the conditions above are not met.
- Any Player found prompting would be expelled from the tournament immediately and no replacement shall be allowed.
- Only players and Team Captains are allowed inside the tournament hall.
- On completion of a game, a player must leave the Playing Area, except for the Team Captain who has the responsibility of supervising his/her team. Any player found infringing this rule would be expelled from the Tournament.
- No analysis of games or friendly games is allowed in the Playing Hall. Offenders shall be expelled directly from the tournament and play no further part in the tournament.
- The use of mobile phones or electronic devices is prohibited and will be confiscated by the organizers. Any ring or sound arising from such devices during the game shall be an immediate loss without appeal.
- Please keep the compound clean and refrain from wandering into restricted areas.
Download Registration Form