All enquiries and registrations are to be directed to Chess Academy (Singapore) Pte Ltd.
- Organiser: Teck Ghee Community Sports Club and Ang Mo Kio CCMC. The Championships is played under FIDE Laws of Chess and the following rules and regulations. This is an INDIVDUAL EVENT and TEAM Medals shall be presented to the best Constituency teams. Only the Open Catergory shall be FIDE Rated. The event is managed by Chess Academy (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. Event is also supported by the Singapore Chess Federation.
- Date & Time: Sunday 21 September 2014, 9.00 am to 6.00 pm (Competitors to report by 8.45 am)
- Venue: Ang Mo Kio Community Centre, 795 Ang Mo Kio Street 22, Singapore 569976 (Next to Blk 226H Food Centre). Tel: 64529644 Fax No. : 64580153 HP : 91501159 (Janet) / 91123608 (Philip)
- Eligibility: Open to all. There shall be three categories,
(a) Open Category (No restrictions)
(c) Under- 10 Category.
Age shall be as on 1 January 2014.
Foreigners in the Open Category must produce a FIDE ID number failing which they will not be able to play in the Open Category.
- Mode of Competition: 7 Rounds Swiss using Swiss Manager with 25 minutes for each player to complete the game.
- Entry Fee:
$22.00 per participant (Passion Card Members)
$25.00 (Non Passion Card Members)
- Prizes: Trophies shall be presented to the top 10 Individual winners (Male) and top 5 winners (Female) in each of the three categories. Cash Prizes for the Open Category only, shall be – Champion: $250.00; Second : $ 200.00; Third : $150.00; 4th – 5th: $ 100.00 each. Merit Prizes (Best 8(boys) & (Best 3 Girls) shall be awarded for Under 12 participants in the Challengers Section and for Under 8 and Pre-Schools participants in the Under 10 Category.
- Constituency Team Prizes: Although this is an INDIVIDUAL EVENT, 3 Medals each shall be awarded to the best 5 Constituencies. The total score for the best three participants in each Constituency for the Open and Challengers Sections shall be added up to determine the best Constituency Team Prizes. Postal Code for residential address is mandatory for all players. Under 10 Category participants will not be eligible for Constituency Team prizes.
- Closing Date:Thursday 18 September 2014 at 7.00 pm or the first 250 entries. Late entries and entries without payments will not be accepted. Entry Fee paid is non-refundable.
- In the event of any disputes (outside the Laws of Chess), the organizer's decision shall be final and no further correspondences shall be entertained. All participants by signing up agree not to hold the organizers responsible for any mishaps or injuries incurred arising from their participation in this event.
Download Registration Form