All registrations and enquiries are to be directed to Queentown CC Chess Club.
1. The Championship shall be played according to the FIDE Laws of Chess and the 25-minute Rapid Chess Rules.
2. There are 3 sections: Primary, Secondary & Kindergarten/Nursery Pupils in Primary Schools & Kindergarten/Nursery can play in either the Primary or Secondary Section. Pupils in Secondary Schools can only play in the Secondary Section. Entry fees: $20.00 ( for all sections). All cheque shall be made payable to "Queenstown CC Management Committee".
3. The Championship shall be conducted on the Swiss System of 7 rounds on Sunday, 3 April 2016.
4. Venue: Queenstown CC Hall, 365 Commonwealth Avenue, S'pore 149732
5. Schedule of Play:
|Round 1||9.00 am - 9.50 am|
|Round 2||10.05 am - 10.55 am|
|Round 3||11.10 am - 12.00 pm|
|Round 4||12.45 pm - 1.35 pm|
|Round 5||1.50 pm - 2.40 pm|
|Round 6||2.55 pm - 3.45 pm|
|Round 7||4.00 pm - 4.50 pm|
|Prize Giving||5.15 pm|
6. Each player shall be given 25 minutes to complete the game.
7. Entries must reach the organisers by 5.00 p.m. on 20/3/2016. Limited to 1st 200 entries. Late entries will not be accepted. Entries sent through internet will not be accepted. Confirmed entries shall be posted on QCC Chess Club website: www.wix.com/warrior0904/Queenstown-cc-chess or http: tinyurl.com/qcc-chess
8. There will be no sharing of cash prizes. In the event of a tie, the tie-break shall be as follows:
b) Sonne-Berger (SB)
c) Progressive score
d) Individual results
e) Higher number of won games
f)Toss of coin
9. In case of a dispute, the Chief Arbiter's decision shall be final.
|1st||$60.00 + trophy||$80.00 + trophy||$100.00 + trophy|
|2nd||$40.00 + trophy||$60.00 + trophy||$80.00 + trophy|
|3rd||$20.00 + trophy||$40.00 + trophy||$60.00 + trophy|
|U-4 1st to 6th||U-7 1st to 6th||U-13 1st to 6th|
|U-5 1st to 6th||U8 1st to 6th||U-14 1st to 6th|
|U-6 1st to 6th||U-9 1st to 6th||Girls 1st to 6th|
|Girls 1st to 6th||U-10 1st to 6th|
|Girls 1st to 6th|
11. Please note that each participant is only allowed to win one prize only.