« All Events
12th CASPL Celebrations Children Chess Challenge 2023
October 8 @ 1:00 pm - 6:00 pm
- Organiser: Chess Academy (Singapore) Pte Ltd. and played under FIDE Laws of Chess and the following rules and regulations. Event is not FIDE Rated.
- Date & Time: Sunday, 8th October 2023 from 1.00 pm to 6.00 pm
- Venue: 865 Mountbatten Road, Katong Shopping Centre #06-44 Singapore 437844 for U 12 Category. Unit #02-27/28 for U 8 Category.
- Eligibility: Open to all participants Under 12 years of age (Primary Schools) students of the Academy. Age shall be as of 1st January 2023
- Category: (A) UNDER 12 (B) UNDER 8
- Entry Fee: Shall be $ 40.00 for participants. Current students of our Academy shall be eligible for a $ 5.00 discount. Entry fees are non-refundable. Payment shall be by PayNow made payable to –
Chess Academy (Singapore) Pte Ltd – UEN Number: 201105374ECAS. Please indicate the name of the participant in your payment advice by WhatsApp’s to our CASPL Competition hotline HP: 80573370. Only On-line Registration in the prescribed format will be accepted. Failure to register entries online may be rejected.
- Mode of Competition: 6 Rounds using Swiss Manager with 20 minutes for each player to complete the game.
- Prizes: Trophies shall be awarded to the top 10 winners (boys) and top 5 (girls) in each category. In the Under 12 category, category prizes shall also be awarded to Under 10 participants whilst in the Under 8 category, category prizes shall be presented for Pre-Schools. All other participants will receive Achievement medals or trophies.
For the Under 12 category, CASH PRIZES shall be awarded as follows: 1st– $ 120.00, 2nd– $ 100.00, 3rd– $ 80.00, 4th– $ 60.00, 5th & 6th– $ 40.00 each. In the event of a tie-on points, the cash prizes would be shared.
- Closing Date: Monday 25th September 2023 at 7.00 pm or on receipt of the first 120 entries whichever is earlier. Due to space constraint NO ENTRIES will be accepted once the event is closed.
- Tie breaks: Shall be (1) Direct Encounter (2) Buchholz (3) Sum of Progressive Score.
- In the event of any disputes, the Organiser’s and Chief Arbiter’s decisions shall be FINAL and no further correspondences shall be entertained.
- Registration: Only online registration via google form shall be accepted.