12th CASPL Christmas Junior (U16) Chess Challenge 2023
December 10 @ 1:00 pm - 6:30 pm
1. Organiser: Chess Academy (Singapore) Pte Ltd. and played under FIDE Laws of Chess and the following rules and regulations. Event is not FIDE Rated.
2. Date & Time: Sunday, 10th December 2023 from 1.00 pm to 6.30 pm
3. Venue: 865 Mountbatten Road, Katong Shopping Centre #02-27/28 & #06-44 Singapore 437844.
4. Eligibility: Open to All below 16 years of Age (Born 2007 and after) (All are Welcome). Age shall be as of 1st January 2023
5. Category: (A) OPEN (Under 16) (B) UNDER 12 (C) UNDER 8
6. Entry Fee: Shall be $ 40.00 for participant. Students from our Academy is entitled to a $ 5.00 discount. Entry fees are non-refundable. Payment shall be by PayNow made payable to –
Chess Academy (Singapore) Pte Ltd – UEN Number: 201105374ECAS.
Please indicate name of participant in your payment advice by WhatsApp’s to our Competition hotline 80573370. Only On-line Registration in the prescribed format will be accepted. Failure to register entries online may be rejected.
7. Mode of Competition: 6 Rounds using Swiss Manager with 20 minutes for each player to complete the game.
8. Prizes: Trophies shall be awarded to the top 10 winners (men) and 5 (ladies) in each category (OPEN, Under 12 and Under 8). In the Under 12 Category, there shall be 10 winners for Boys and 5 for Girls for Under 10 and for Pre-School in the Under 8 categories. All others will receive Achievement medals or trophies. Cash prizes for the Open Category will be as follows: – 1st – $ 150.00; 2nd – $ 100.00; 3rd – $ 80.00; 4th & 5th – $ 50.00 each.(Cash shall be shared by those tied on points.)
9. Closing Date: Monday 4th December 2022 at 7.00 pm or on receipt of the first 90 entries whichever is earlier. Due to space constraint NO ENTRIES will be accepted once the event is closed.
10. Tie breaks: Shall be (1) Direct Encounter (2) Buchholz (3) Sum of Progressive Score.
11 In the event of any disputes, the Organiser’s and Chief Arbiter’s decisions shall be FINAL and no further correspondences shall be entertained.